Any issues with UK V2 Smart Meter and MAX?

Begonnen von malc_b, 21 Dezember 2019, 11:14:17

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

malc_b

Hi,

Has anyone experienced any problems with a UK V2 Smart Meter and MAX thermostats?  I read that V2 smart meters can use 868MHz for meter reporting (WAN) and for the home display (HAN), and that they can run in mesh mode for WAN.  Mesh mode could mean handling a lot of traffic from other meters as well as your own.  The display is said to update every 10s.  This is the same frequency as MAX so I wonder if anyone with MAX and a smart meter has seen any problems?

Anyone know how I find out what frequencies are used in my area?  And what the meter max transmit time / duty cycle is?  UK doesn't have the 1% set in stone so SMs could fudge that and also max transmit time is another important factor too as you obviously don't want the CH offline for 10s of minutes.

malc_b

I've found out some more info so I thought I'd share it.

My actual comms provider is Telefonica.  The wireless units that would be fitted are Toshiba SKU1 (Cellular) and Toshiba SKU2 (Cellular + Mesh).  The datasheet for the SKU1 only lists cellular frequencies (900MHz etc) and Wifi (2.5GHz).  The SKU2 has the same as SKU1 plus Mesh on 869.40-869.65MHz.  This is a next door, frequency wise, to Max Cube on 868.3MHz and the Max FAQ says power is typically 10mW, duty 1%, where as the SKU2 says 500mW, duty 10%.  Info from www.fcs.org.uk says they are concerned about interference from 500mW 869MHz with the lower power bands so I think I will play safe and avoid having a smart meter, for now at least.