CUL UNKNOWNCODE LOVF

Begonnen von Fonz, 12 Februar 2013, 17:08:05

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Fonz

Hi, me again!

Im getting overflows in my CUL, so need a software buffer.

This document at topic 21 http://fhem.de/faq.html states that
ZitatIf too many messages for FHT devices are queued in CUL, the fht buffer subsystem of CUL overflows. You get EOB (end of buffer) messages and likely LOVF (limit overflow) messages, too. define attr CUL fhtsoftbuffer 1 to activate a quasi unlimited software buffer in fhem itself to avoid this behavior.

However, when trying this Fhem dosent like the attribute.

On further reading it would seem like this command is only for a FHZ, and not a CUL?

Am I correct that this is an error in the FAQ, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Fonz

Zrrronggg!

Zitat von: Fonz schrieb am Di, 12 Februar 2013 17:08Hi, me again!

Im getting overflows in my CUL, so need a software buffer.

No you don't.

Let me explain why:
- the softbuffer was meant for FHZ1X00PC.  These have a quite small FHT buffer which holds about 8 commands. So if you have 9-12 FHTs, you couldn't even send a "set desired-temp 22" to all of them at once. There, the softbuffer is a good solution.
- the CUL can hold at least some 28 commands, depending on the version. If the Buffer is full, then you have a different problem. Most likely  your radio connection to one or more FHTs is not good. So the messages keep staying in the buffer. Making this buffer LARGER makes the problem worse, as you are able to jamm more commands in the buffer which are not transmitted fast enougth. This makes everything quite slow, as commands to the FHTs can be sent only every 2 minutes. So if you have more then 30 commands in line, it may take hours until a command is processed.  Also the constant retries eat up all your free sending slots, causing even more LOVF Messages. If you do it "right" you can render the whole system useless, as at one point even for (short) FS20 commands are no free sending slots left, as large queues of FHT commands wastes all slots in unsuccessfull attempts to empty the queue.

Another reason might be, that you are "to talkative". Try to use attr lazy mode.

Zitat von: Fonz schrieb am Di, 12 Februar 2013 17:08This document at topic 21 http://fhem.de/faq.html states that
If too many messages for FHT devices are queued in CUL, the fht buffer subsystem of CUL overflows. You get EOB (end of buffer) messages and likely LOVF (limit overflow) messages, too. define attr CUL fhtsoftbuffer 1 to activate a quasi unlimited software buffer in fhem itself to avoid this behavior.

This not a good advice , even if it seems to come from Rudolf himself! If you have EOB and LOVF Problems you must fix them. Please dont "cover" the problem with softbuffer.  This will most likely only buy you some time until the problem comes back but now even bigger!

ZitatHowever, when trying this Fhem dosent like the attribute.

On further reading it would seem like this command is only for a FHZ, and not a CUL?

Exactly right.  Softbuffer  does not work with CUL and that is a GOOD thing, as you might understand now.

This article would be right for you:
http://www.fhemwiki.de/wiki/Kommunikationsprobleme_mit_FHT
Unfortunately its in german, try google translate... it might give you some hints.
Feel free to ask me.

FHEM auf Linkstation Mini, CUL 868 SlowRF, 2xCUL 868 RFR, CUL 433 für IT, 2xHMLAN-Configurator mit VCCU, ITV-100 Repeater, Sender und Aktoren von FHT, FS20, S300, HM, IT, RSL

rudolfkoenig

Thanks for the hint, I updated the faq 21.

Softbuffer was removed long ago for the CUL for the reason mentioned by Zrrronggg!