List of devices that support MQTT

Begonnen von tatulea, 09 Juli 2020, 08:11:21

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

tatulea

Hi,

I am trying to get a list of the devices that can be connected to FHEM using MQTT. Do you have any where should I look for it?

Thanks!

Beta-User

First: Welcome to our forum!

Afaik, there exists no list, and imo, there's a rather simple reason: Basically, FHEM supports _any gadget or service_ communicating over MQTT protocol.
This has been true since the MQTT/MQTT_DEVICE modules have been developed, but today, with (MQTT2_SERVER|MQTT2_CLIENT)+MQTT2_DEVICE, also the configuration of the devices in FHEM has become a peace of cake for quite a big number of most popular gadgets speaking MQTT. Especially dealing with JSON-type pf payload has been very much facititated in the MQTT2 module family.

MQTT2_DEVICE supports attrTemplate, so if you want to have some sort of list, you might have a look on https://svn.fhem.de/trac/browser/trunk/fhem/FHEM/lib/AttrTemplate/mqtt2.template and do a text search for the devices you are particularly interested in.

From a less theoretical point of view, best way to start is just to define a MQTT2_SERVER in FHEM and point your gadget/service to that server (formerly:broker).

define myFHEMBroker MQTT2_SERVER 1883 global
If you have already an external server running (like e.g. mosquitto), you may also connect via MQTT2_CLIENT, but this needs some more points to take care of. So especially if you are starting with the whole MQTT stuff, I'd strongly recommend to jump in with MQTT2_SERVER (using a different port, if mosquitto is running on the same machine). When everything works as desired, using MQTT2_CLIENT as IO device instead of the MQTT2_SERVER is easy (if still desired ;) ).

If you want to know to which extend a specific device is supported: just ask!

Best regards,

Beta-User
Server: HP-elitedesk@Debian 12, aktuelles FHEM@ConfigDB | CUL_HM (VCCU) | MQTT2: MiLight@ESP-GW, BT@OpenMQTTGw | MySensors: seriell, v.a. 2.3.1@RS485 | ZWave | ZigBee@deCONZ | SIGNALduino | MapleCUN | RHASSPY
svn: u.a MySensors, Weekday-&RandomTimer, Twilight,  div. attrTemplate-files

xenos1984

There is one restriction, though, if I remember correctly: the MQTT2_* modules in FHEM implement MQTT version 3.1.1. So if you have a device which strictly requires MQTT 5.0, it might not work as expected. But at least I am not aware of any particular cases where such a problem has occurred.