Testing a MAX setup?

Begonnen von malc_b, 30 August 2020, 14:26:39

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

malc_b

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for how to set up a test situation for interference on the MAX wireless comms.  To explain I have a new house that I am self building which will use MAX thermostatic heads on all the radiators.  I current have all the valves but the house is taking longer than I hoped.  The gas meter needs replacing as it has died and it seems like only smart meters are available.  Smart meters can use mesh which links the meters in nearby houses so only one needs to send data via mobile network.  Mesh is on 869.40-869.65MHz at 500mW 10% duty.  MAX is on 868.3MHz at 10mW 1% duty.  Clearly there is potential for the Mesh to leak power in the MAX band.  I want to set up something to test this.

I have some MAX heads and valve bodies.  I have a fhem system set up on a raspberry pi and a max cube.  I've got a spare wifi router around too.  Hence I could set up a system I could put in the half finished house that  just talks to 1 or 2 or 3 MAX valve heads.  What modules could I use?  I want to exercise the comms so I want something to do regular comms.  I was thinking maybe temperature scanner?  I also need something to report and record failures in the MAX comms which I'm not sure how to do or what is a good module.  The house isn't online so I'd need to use my mobile phone to grab the data ideally although I could take a laptop if that doesn't work.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Wzut

Dont use the CUBE with the ELV firmware.
Use a normal USB CUL, nanaoCUL in your Raspberry or a CUBE with the CUL firmware.
With 00_CUL , 10_MAX , 14_CUL_MAX and verbose 5 you can easy create a lot of logs.
Maintainer der Module: MAX, MPD, UbiquitiMP, UbiquitiOut, SIP, BEOK, readingsWatcher

malc_b

Thanks.  My Cube does have CUL flashed on it and I've tweaked that so I can change the 1% if I want to.  Or as I like to put it I can simulate multiple Cubes with 1 set of Cube hardware.