eBUS Adapter 3.0

Begonnen von Reinhart, 13 Oktober 2020, 17:55:29

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

john30

Zitat von: cr4nk am 05 Januar 2021, 18:35:33
Habt ihr eigentlich Ideen für ein Case bei den verschiedenen Varianten? Würde ansonsten für mich ein Gehäuse machen und es im 3D Drucker fertigen. Könnte die Dateien für das Gehäuse dann auf Thingiverse laden und jeder könnte sie bei einem 3D Hub fertigen lassen. Bei geringer Stückzahl könnte ich auch ein paar bereitstellen.
ja es gibt schon Gehäusevarianten, siehe hier
author of ebusd

john30

Zitat von: lrweb am 05 Januar 2021, 15:23:32
still not sure that everything is clear now.
the eBUS is similar to a star bus. you can basically attach further devices anywhere on the line by connecting the two wires of the new device with the two wires of the bus.
author of ebusd

lrweb

@john30, this is exactly what I JUST discovered changing the wiring with the devices I have. But thanks for the answer!

tlc

Hello, can you please help me with a piece of advice regarding my configuration?
I have the following setup:
- 2 x Vaillant ecoTEC Plus VU 306 / 5-5 heaters (which I intend to use in cascade)
- 1 x Calormatic 630 controller
- no eBUS adapters (so far)
- RPi with OpenHAB smart home platform.

I intend to use one eBUS adapter v3 that you produce here for each of the two heaters in order to enable and access the eBUS protocol.
The same eBUS protocol however is needed by the Calormatic 630 controller in order to allow cascading the 2 heaters (without the eBUS adapters only one heater is visible on the Calormatic 630).

The problem is that the 2 heaters in cascade setup is not working with the Calormatic 630 without an eBUS adapter for each heater.
The question is:
- Will the eBUS protocol be visible also at the Calormatic 630 level, once I add the eBUS v3 adapters to the two heaters?
Or, to put it in other words:
- Will the two eBUS v3 adapters replace the "official" Vaillant VR/32 functionality so that both heaters can be configured and controlled "in cascade" with the Calormatic 630 controller ? (in parallel with the exposure of the eBUS protocol to the home automation server via the local WiFI/Ethernet)

Thanks a lot!

john30

Zitat von: tlc am 08 Januar 2021, 01:20:13
- Will the eBUS protocol be visible also at the Calormatic 630 level, once I add the eBUS v3 adapters to the two heaters?
Or, to put it in other words:
- Will the two eBUS v3 adapters replace the "official" Vaillant VR/32 functionality so that both heaters can be configured and controlled "in cascade" with the Calormatic 630 controller ? (in parallel with the exposure of the eBUS protocol to the home automation server via the local WiFI/Ethernet)
no, this is not a feature of ebusd right now. It would be possible in principle, but needs a lot of development effort.
author of ebusd

tlc

So the Calormatic 630 works only with the original Vaillant VR/32 ebus couplers?
This would mean that I cannot use the Calormatic 630 and ebusd with the smart home platform at the same time...

Regards

john30

Zitat von: tlc am 08 Januar 2021, 11:47:15
So the Calormatic 630 works only with the original Vaillant VR/32 ebus couplers?
This would mean that I cannot use the Calormatic 630 and ebusd with the smart home platform at the same time...
ebusd's purpose is not to bridge two separate eBUS instances but to make traffic on one eBUS readable and allow manipulation of data on connected devices.
So of course you can use ebusd to get insight into an eBUS instance, but you cannot use to bridge two of them like the VR32 does.
author of ebusd

tlc

Thanks for the clarifications john30.
Meanwhile I bought a VR32 coupler which will allow me to configure the 2 heaters in cascade via a single eBUS instance and the Calormatic 630 device.

I am still looking for a possibility to "extend" this (existing) eBUS bridge with a single eBUSd adapter in order to to allow reading sensor data (and possibly to execute commands) via the smart home platform.
From what you mentioned on github (https://github.com/john30/ebusd/issues/198) it is not (yet) possible to address 2+ heaters via a single ebusd instance due to a timing issue which is "breaking" the ebus protocol.

If I create a second ebus, will the 2 heaters still be visible at Calormatic 630 level?
I am thinking of the below setup:
- ebus #1 will follow the factory setup (2 heaters bridged : one heater without VR32 and 2nd with the VR32 coupler) and will be exposed as ebusd #1
- ebus #2 will include only a the second heater and will be exposed as ebusd #2 (to allow separate control of the 2nd heater at ebusd level)
(I have to review the connection schematic of the Vaillant heaters because I do not fully understand how the ebus databus is managed at heater level and how the VR32 coupler is added in the configuration)

Did I understood correctly? How many ebusd adapters are needed for such a setup? Is it possible to bridge the first ebus (2 heaters in cascade, 1 VR32 coupler) with one ebusd adapter (to allow exposure of the protocol via ebusd)?

Thanks a lot for your patience and apologies for the high number of questions.

Regards,
Cristian

Konstantin

Hello. Will the adapter connect if you are using such a radiator with rpi?

galileo

ZitatHello. Will the adapter connect if you are using such a radiator with rpi?

No, it won't. Unless you use an extender like this to bring the adapter above the radiator

moe_054

Hi Leute...

Sorry, ich hab ne blöde Frage. Kann ich den EthernetAdapter auch an einem Raspi betreiben wenn ich mich umentscheide nicht direkt über LAN zu gehen?

Gesetz dem Fall ich löte die Steckerleiste für den Raspi noch ein.

Vielen Dank für Eure Hilfe.
Vg Bernd

Reinhart

Ja, völlig egal!

Durch Jumper setzt du den Betriebsmodus, auch ohne RPI Connector kannst ja sofort in den USB Modus schalten und mit USB Kabel verbinden. Die USB Variante ist ja die Basis die immer funktioniert, alles weitere erfolgt durch aufsetzen der Module wie Wemos oder Ethernet.

USB
Wlan

LG
FHEM auf Raspy4 mit Bullseye + SSD, Homematic, ESP8266, ESP32, Sonoff, eBus, NanoCUL, MapleCUL, , MQTT2, Alexa

moe_054

Ok. Perfekt. Danke für die Info! Dann hoffe ich, dass ich einen Adapter bekomme. Habe es leider zu spät gesehen, dass die Reservierung offen ist. Ich habe immer auf den ersten Beitrag des Threads geschaut.

Reinhart

FHEM auf Raspy4 mit Bullseye + SSD, Homematic, ESP8266, ESP32, Sonoff, eBus, NanoCUL, MapleCUL, , MQTT2, Alexa

john30

Zitat von: tlc am 11 Januar 2021, 16:14:03
If I create a second ebus, will the 2 heaters still be visible at Calormatic 630 level?
this entirely depends on the capabilities of the calormatic, especially if it recognizes the VR32 and thus the second bus behind it. You need to consultate the calormatic manual or somebody from Vaillant.

I am thinking of the below setup:
- ebus #1 will follow the factory setup (2 heaters bridged : one heater without VR32 and 2nd with the VR32 coupler) and will be exposed as ebusd #1
- ebus #2 will include only a the second heater and will be exposed as ebusd #2 (to allow separate control of the 2nd heater at ebusd level)
not sure if I understand you. So assuming you have two heaters in total (and not 3):
if I were you, I'd add one ebus adapter with ebusd to the first eBUS and another ebus adapter with ebusd to the second eBUS.

Is it possible to bridge the first ebus (2 heaters in cascade, 1 VR32 coupler) with one ebusd adapter (to allow exposure of the protocol via ebusd)?
whatever you mean by "bridging" (i really have no idea any more): ebusd can talk to a single ebus adapter and that's it. So when you have two busses you will need two ebus adapters and a separate ebusd instance for each of them.
author of ebusd