Add support for Elko Wireless

Begonnen von ubernoob, 19 März 2013, 10:11:43

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

ubernoob

Hi!

ELKO (elko.no) is the largest manufacturer of electrical products in Norway. Unfortunately they don't have any good system for controlling it from a computer or a mobile. So I would like to try to add support for Elko wireless in FHEM.

I know they use:
Frequency 868 MHz
GFSK modulation
Data rate 2,4 kbps

I have bought a CUL v3.2 device from busware.de Uploaded firmware to the device from http://culfw.de/culfw.html
I have also installed FHEM on a Raspberry Pi, so I should be all set to go.

But now I'm stuck. I need to set the device to listen to 868Mhz, and try to reverse engineer the protocol or try to record and duplicate the signals so I can control my lights from the machine.

Any suggestions where to go from here?

ubernoob

Would it help if you could get ssh access to the raspberry pi?

rudolfkoenig

Hi ubernoob.

Warning: this is most probably hard work, and it is possible that the CUL is not able to decode the signals correctly.

If you still want to try:

- try to find a CC11xx parameter configuration for the protocol on the web. Since there are no obvious OpenSource projects, I think you wont find any.
Gathering as much information as possible will help you for the next tasks.

- Read the CC1101.pdf from TI, and try out the freely available Windows SmartRF-Studio software.

- Configure the CC1101 like SlowRF in culfw does, but with 2.4kHz datarate and GFSK, so your code will receive an interrupt for each signal-level-change

- If this works, then you'll get an "edge-stream". Create a log for some telegrams, and figure out how a bit is coded, how many preambel and sync-bits there are, what is the parity/checksum.

- If this is understood, and you're lucky (and know the CC1101 configuration well), then configure the CC1101 to packet mode, so you'll get readily analyzed bytes from the CC1101.

- Probably you wont be lucky, and have to analyze the bits in C-Code, like it is done in the SlowRF part of culfw for FS20/EM/TX/etc. 2.4 kHz should be manageable for the 8MHz CUL.

In the meantime I would try some social engineering with Elko :)

Regards,
  Rudi