WeekdayTimer - disable overridden with set WDT_Params

Begonnen von Nestor, 15 April 2021, 19:09:30

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Nestor

If I set attr disable 1 on a WeekDaytimer and then execute set WDT_Params all.
The disable attribute is ignored and the WeekDaytimer is re-activated.

I would suppose setting the disable attr on a device will ignore set commands (common behaviour of the disable attr on Fhem modules).
Is it possible to force the disable attr on a WeekDaytimer so it is not overrriden by set WDT_Params all?

Beta-User

Thanks for the hint.

Imo, you are absolutely right, not only "group all", but all group setting should not activate disabled WDT's. As selection is done via devspec2array, excluding disabled WDT is easy to realize.

Not sure, if this has some unwanted sideeffects, if other users are actively using this feature, but I don't expect there are lots of them. What do you think about this aspect?

Situation is different wrt. to switching just a single device. When deciding about the desired behaviour, I really found the need to issue two commands somehow strange, and I'd expect at least a few users to actively use this feature.
Personally, I'd prefer to have an option to deactivate WDT's by reading values and use "IsDisabled()", but due to historic reasons, this most likely would break backwards compability.

But as always: In the end, I'm not insisting in one of the possible solutions.
So (also @all): Please let me know, if enableing by "set single" is really undesired behaviour or if you use the group feature to actively enable disabled WDT's. (Could also be an option to add an additional parameter indicating if also enabling is desired).
Server: HP-elitedesk@Debian 12, aktuelles FHEM@ConfigDB | CUL_HM (VCCU) | MQTT2: MiLight@ESP-GW, BT@OpenMQTTGw | MySensors: seriell, v.a. 2.3.1@RS485 | ZWave | ZigBee@deCONZ | SIGNALduino | MapleCUN | RHASSPY
svn: u.a MySensors, Weekday-&RandomTimer, Twilight,  div. attrTemplate-files

Nestor

Maybe could be like in notify a set active/inactive that gets overridden by WDT_Params so you could deactivate the WeekdayTimer when away from example.

The disable attr would be a main off switch. You don't want any behaviour of the device but don't want to delete it.

Beta-User

In notify, "active" and "inactive" is handled via "state" reading. Unfortunately, WDT handles these values for state already, but with a different meaning. This is why I wrote "IsDisabled" can't be used (without side effects). So we don't have the "typical small mains switch" available (most likely this is WDT design "since ever").

Afai understood, in the past disable attribute had been used by most users as "small mains switch" du to the lack of alternatives. This is why I decided to accept a "set params" - command as clear sign the user wants to (re-) activate the device and switch it on. I might have been wrong with this interpretation, but so far, (despite yours now) there's no "negative" feedback on the implementation (this has been directly introduced with the setter options, so estimated: 2 years now?).

As already stated, situation with mass changes (group and all) is different. If there's not lots of users voting for keeping this unintented part of the behaviour, I'd like to exclude disabled WDT from beeing switched on.

I admitt, this is somehow different from what most other modules do when disabled, but there are at least a few, that can't be switched off entirely (but doing silent updates on readings when disabled, afaik).
Server: HP-elitedesk@Debian 12, aktuelles FHEM@ConfigDB | CUL_HM (VCCU) | MQTT2: MiLight@ESP-GW, BT@OpenMQTTGw | MySensors: seriell, v.a. 2.3.1@RS485 | ZWave | ZigBee@deCONZ | SIGNALduino | MapleCUN | RHASSPY
svn: u.a MySensors, Weekday-&RandomTimer, Twilight,  div. attrTemplate-files