Homematic help and advise

Begonnen von dolph, 15 September 2013, 22:35:28

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

dolph

I am currently investigating improving my heating system to have more zoning control.

In my last house we used the honeywell cm-zone / evohome set up which worked well but I'm hoping to go a bit further and get more control and feedback (internet control and actual temperature recording and feedback like graphs and data tables - i'd like to analyse the data myself to set up some optimum start functionality and perhaps consider external temperature data)

I've been looking mostly at the Homematic hardware, these TRVs seem to be the cheapest i can find that offer temperature feedback (   HM-CC-RT-DN - http://ecohousecomfort.com/termic-zone/homematic-system/homematic-wireless-actuator.html). FS20 hardware appears to require the TRV as well as a room thermostat and the Max hardware doesn't have an easy way to control the boiler.

What I'm wondering is should i be getting the CCU2 or skipping that altogether and get a Pi with the USB configurator and run FHEM? Would the CCU2 be an easier set-up? I'd be looking to set up some weekly schedules and control the boiler when heat is required. Also set up some simple web control for setting up the ability to turn off the heating for a preset time for when we go out.

Which set up is best suited to me?

Also, can anyone suggest which Homematic component would be best to control the boiler - i'd be looking to replace the current single main room thermostat that currently calls for heat.

Anything else I should know / think about?

Thanks in advance

Dolph

rudolfkoenig

I moved this thread to the Homematic area, as I'm not sure that HomeMatic experts are reading the English corner.

martinp876

hi Dolph,

I surely cannot answer all your question, lets see whether I can do some.

ccu2 versus fhem: I never used a ccu2 but I strongly expect that this serves most/(all?) 'usually' requested functions. I only use fhem which provides interfaces to do 'anything' if you are willing/capable to do some programming yourself. Will say ordinary functions are provided and should be possible without "programming experience", but fhem offers more.
Thus, being able to do some programming my system clearly is fhem.

regarding cc-rt: Thus is a new device. We know some of its capabilities and implementing it to fhem already started. Nevertheless it is on hold, pending someone with a physical Device than we need to proceed. CCU2 should be clearly ahead here since I expect the manufacturer already performed live-tests.
As you can with this example: HM protocol is proprietary and FHEM has to work on try-and-error. CCU has all design-details....

I assume you visited all fhem 'general' features such as remote-control, graphical presentation,.... Those are 'family-independent' anyway.

As a conclusion: ccu or fhem is your decision. It depends on too many details about your habits, know-how and willingness to customize your system.

regarding the boiler I cannot help as too many details are missing. Is this the boiler for central heating or warm water? isn't there a controller delivered with the boiler that fits the design? What interfaces are available to the boiler to get control?

Regards, Martin

dolph

Many thanks Martin,

my boiler has a full programmer with seperate schedules for hot water and heating. My plan was to leave the hot water on the timer and set the heating to continuous and replace the single room thermostat (T6360) with a Homematic controlled switch. Does that sound like it should work?

Regards

Dolph.

martinp876

hi Dolph,

basically yes. But there are many details for the regulation  that could be considered:

assuming you have equiped all room-heaters with cc-rt them you know what is requested currently.
if possible you can
control heat central based on overall room-energy required
control pump-power if all rooms are low or 'off'

neverthles You should consider that changing zentral parameter (temp/pump-power) will effect temperature in the rooms and cause the CC-RT to adjust. I.e. changes need to be smooth or alligned. e.g. reduce temp at night plus reduce central heat.

regards Martin

dolph

Thanks for the help so far.

Which Homematic componenet is best suited for swicthing the boiler on/off - effectively I'm after the Homematic equivalent of the FS20 FHT8W component?

martinp876

Hi Dolph

do you have the parameter for the device? do you have the option to switch a "control-input" or will you switch the main-power of the boiler?
how much power does the boiler take - or how many Amps?  Could be a lot for a boiler
I would assume this is a main paramter to be considered for the relay in order to ensure long term operation.

Martin

dolph

It would be replacing a T6360 thermostat which switches a control-input as you have correctly assumed.

Per the wiring diagram is this document...

http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Installation-Guide/pdf/1151.pdf

martinp876

if I read correctly T6360 switches directly the heatingLoad. T6360B is designed to switch up to 10A which is roughly 2,5kW.

As far as I can see HM switches can handle usually 16A - which should be sufficient.
HM-LC-Sw4DR is an option for a switch or HM-LC-Sw1-FM
I assume you are looking for radio, not wired.

those are plain switches which you need to controll from FHEM.

does this sound as what you are looking for?