Artnet DMX module

Begonnen von zevnik, 17 Januar 2014, 00:54:32

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

macmattes

hi
it looks like a little bit buggy, because, the presets are lost sometimes. i do not know why.
and also the module lost the attributes:
  artnet: unknown attribute frequency. Type 'attr artnet ?' for a detailed list.

hmmm?

sebi87

Can I conterol different RGB channels independent?

zevnik

Zitat von: sebi87 am 10 Mai 2014, 09:31:59
Can I conterol different RGB channels independent?
Yes you can. You can control each of the 512 channels independately. If you use just 3 channels for RGB, then you can also use the new collorpicker.

zevnik

Zitat von: macmattes am 04 Mai 2014, 09:28:06
hi
it looks like a little bit buggy, because, the presets are lost sometimes. i do not know why.
and also the module lost the attributes:
  artnet: unknown attribute frequency. Type 'attr artnet ?' for a detailed list.

hmmm?

I am sorry to hear that. I just hate it, when it works for me and it doesn't work for you. I've never lost presets so far, do you have json support installed? I haven't played with attributes, but will try to check it this weekend and publish a virtual artnet devices module.

macmattes

Hi
sorry for my late answer, i was busy.

the current  software state is not a big problem for me. don't know why the presets are lost.
i do not use the preset function at the moment, only the random mode triggered by a at timer , or the color picker to set the color of all pixels of my terrace.
in this case a good piece of software, and it does his job
hope i can test your further releases.

zevnik

I love the presets, so I can switch between them on a normal rocker switch (or having presets rotated by a timer :)).
If you have chance and check if you have json support enabled, it would help me a bit.

ext23

Hi,

did anybody know if it is possible to read out the current channel values out of the Art-Net Node? So currently I use the DMX4All USB Controller and with it, its possible so read out the current values. So if you use more that one tool for DMX Control it is much easier to syncronize the channel state between the tools. But I plan to switch to ArtNet Node (http://www.ulrichradig.de/home/index.php/avr/dmx-avr-artnetnode)
Please correct me if I'm wrong, for my understanding with ArtNet you can only send the complete frame with all channels instead of a single channel. So If I want to change only channel 10 then I need to know all values of the other channels too to create the frame to sent. Isn't it?

BR
Daniel
HM, KNX, FS20, 1-Wire, PanStamp, AVR-NET-IO, EM1000EM, PCA301, EC3000, HM-LAN, CUL868, RFXtrx433, LGW, DMX @Ubuntu-Server (Hauptsystem) & Raspberry Pi (Satellit)

zevnik

Zitat von: ext23 am 08 September 2014, 10:39:23
Hi,

did anybody know if it is possible to read out the current channel values out of the Art-Net Node? So currently I use the DMX4All USB Controller and with it, its possible so read out the current values. So if you use more that one tool for DMX Control it is much easier to syncronize the channel state between the tools. But I plan to switch to ArtNet Node (http://www.ulrichradig.de/home/index.php/avr/dmx-avr-artnetnode)
Please correct me if I'm wrong, for my understanding with ArtNet you can only send the complete frame with all channels instead of a single channel. So If I want to change only channel 10 then I need to know all values of the other channels too to create the frame to sent. Isn't it?

BR
Daniel

I was looking for a simillar answer. I would like to know the state of DMX channels on the ARTnet side (synching data between multiple controllers), but I couldn't find any command in the spec (http://www.artisticlicence.com/WebSiteMaster/User%20Guides/art-net.pdf), so my FHEM would show current state, even if my lights were controlled by other controllers.

My idea was, to ask Ulrich Radig to implement non standard extension and broadcast DMX state back to the network (Maybe by sending ArtDmx message with its state to a different Universe).

Alternatively, I'll make FHEM listen to artnet messages and correct its internal state to match the transmitted data.

ext23

OK, I also read the spec and didn't found anything ;-)

So asking Ulrich for an quick and dirty implemation could be a solution but that means that all have to use the special ArtNet Node from Ulrich and no other one from another vendor :-(

Dump the network for that information is an interesting way but will only works in not switched networks.

In meantime I'll try to write an own FHEM module for my Mini-USB-DMX Controller. I don't know how as there are only limited informations available for writing a module but OK, I'll try it ;-)

BR
Daniel
HM, KNX, FS20, 1-Wire, PanStamp, AVR-NET-IO, EM1000EM, PCA301, EC3000, HM-LAN, CUL868, RFXtrx433, LGW, DMX @Ubuntu-Server (Hauptsystem) & Raspberry Pi (Satellit)

zevnik

Zitat von: ext23 am 08 September 2014, 15:18:10
OK, I also read the spec and didn't found anything ;-)

So asking Ulrich for an quick and dirty implemation could be a solution but that means that all have to use the special ArtNet Node from Ulrich and no other one from another vendor :-(

Dump the network for that information is an interesting way but will only works in not switched networks.

In meantime I'll try to write an own FHEM module for my Mini-USB-DMX Controller. I don't know how as there are only limited informations available for writing a module but OK, I'll try it ;-)

BR
Daniel

rudolfkoenig is very helpful in answering any questions regarding modules. If it is of any help, you can always take my first artnet module and explore from there, or upgrade it with your ideas.

One other sollution is also, that you don't control DMX_ARTNET node directly, but make an artnet gateway in fhem, which would listen on universe 0 and retransmit data to universe 1 (where your dmxartnet is listening), and then on universe 0 in fhem, you have all the control data your controllers are sending, and then you can decide how to logically merge them. EG.: you know, that channels 1,2,3 belong to RGB in kitchen, 4,5,6 belong to RGB in living room. If you receive only data for channels 4,5,6 (1,2,3 have value of zero), you merge that data with existing kitchen values and retransmit them.

If there will be any other active developer on artnet, we might get some actual work done. At the moment, I am too busy with my regular work to have any time for developing artnet module (not mentioning my lack of knowledge of perl and fhem).

justme1968

there is a page about module development in the wiki: http://www.fhemwiki.de/wiki/DevelopmentModuleIntro. some information about colors on the fhem side is here: http://www.fhemwiki.de/wiki/Colorand a little bit about fhem and dmx is also here: http://www.fhemwiki.de/wiki/DMXControl.

as them is not a realtime system and should not constantly process huge amounts of data i think fhem itself should not send and receive the complete dmx stream(s) but control a daemon/gateway/whatever that should be as independend as possible and only receive control data from them. preferably there is even an small abstraction layer that would make the fhem module in depend of the actual dmx hardware/controller used.

andre
hue, tradfri, alexa-fhem, homebridge-fhem, LightScene, readingsGroup, ...

https://github.com/sponsors/justme-1968

Elektron

Hello,

I've tried the modul and get the following Error-Message:
     2014.10.04 16:49:47 1: reload: Error:Modul 20_ARTNET deactivated:
     Excessively long <> operator at ./FHEM/20_ARTNET.pm line 144.

2014.10.04 16:49:48 0: Excessively long <> operator at ./FHEM/20_ARTNET.pm line 144.

Any Tip for me what I'm Doing wrong?

with kind regards
Michael

zevnik

Hi,

could you please provide me with your define statement and the environment where you're running the fhem (OS, perl version)

Elektron

Hi Zeldi,

Thankyou for your fast reply
I've found the reason. I've downloadet die 20_Artnet.pm via wget.
But when i opened the .pm-File I saw that i've downloaded the html-Page and not the PM.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Michael

Elektron

Hi,

After the first problem is solved, nowi'm back with the next question...
I want to use the module with the ola-demon. Has anyone tried this bevor?

Wen I try to connect i get the message in the logfile "error opening socket: Adress already in unse"

Michael