Autor Thema: THZ Tecalor (LWZ Stiebel Eltron) module support and code improvement.  (Gelesen 193504 mal)

Offline immi

• Developer
Antw:THZ Tecalor (LWZ Stiebel Eltron) module support and code improvement.
« Antwort #1005 am: 21 April 2021, 18:24:52 »
Yesterday, when I did not get any reading out of the THZ it seemed that the RAM-consumption did not increase. It was only a few hours from afternoon to today morning, so not the best sample, but I just noticed it.
Do you have any doubt that there might be some memory-issue also with the "blocking"-implementation?
well I cannot tell, if your perl leaks memory; you can monitor it via fhem for some time or you can restart your system each time it grows too much.

with "more memory with non-blocking" I meant something else.
non-blocking in thz:
  • each time you have an automatic refresh (e.g. interval_sDHW 400) another fhem process is created in parallel with the same size of the main process
  • after the comunication with tecalor is done, the parallel process is immediately deleted

The benefit of non-blocking for 5-20ms per reading, is not worth the 2x82956 in memory (even for short time) and  the additional cpu load to create each time the second process.

I wrote it because it could make sense for very old tecalors with 25-50ms reading time

immi

Offline Matthias-56

Hi, sorry to answer/ask this old thread.

I start to connect my THZ with ver. 4.39 to FHEM using for test my WinPC because it is only availabel.

I think I understood the discussion about timeout problem of 00_THZ.pm with Windows (10).
--> receive only 0x10 from THZ after sending 0x02.

In result of this thread I should adjust a communication timeout.
So actually we have  $thzversion = "0.196".

Please help me to find the item where to do.[/b]
Best would be also concrete numerical value I should set. I use USB with 115200.

Hope anybody will take notice about my request ...

Matthias

Offline immi

• Developer
Hi Matthias
I try to sum up
- THZ with ver. 4.39
- fhem is updated and running on windows
Is it correct?
Do you have sporadic or always a comunication issue?
Your heatpump is set for 115200 or 57600?
Have you chosen the right serial port?
Can you share your fhem config file?
immi

Offline Matthias-56

Hi Immi,

sorry for disturbing with such old stuff.
For explanation - the THZ is about 10 years old and my own but I had no time before to connect with any system.
Now I'm trying and have a big problem with com conection using win10.
- eventually the onboard USB - seriell controller driver does not run correctly. The driver installation was possible and finished correct but very old stuff.
  With hterm the communication is running but only for 0x02 --> 0x10 because of timing I think. A sign that USB on THZ seems to work correctly.
- The strawberry perl instalation is suspect because of opposit statements about Win32::SerialPort is or is not included.
- I got different error messages from FHEM. Sometime "can not file open" around com port opening procedure.

Att. a logfile with an error message which could really independent from installation.
Also a screenshot taken from using RS232. Even same error message independent from baudrate.

Hope You can help.

Matthias

« Letzte Änderung: Gestern um 16:46:07 von Matthias-56 »

Offline immi

• Developer
Hi Matthias
i fixed the code for windows. Despite the improvement, windows is still deprecated.

please check following requirements:
wait for 0.197 -- it should be availabe tomorrow for fhem update (after the update restart fhem)
use only perl with 32bits --- the 64b version has some issues with windows & serial
decide comm port and speed correctly  --- e.g. "define Mythz THZ COM4@115200"

immi