Absolute FHEM HomeMatic beginner but IT capable

Begonnen von Deckard, 29 September 2015, 21:12:46

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Deckard

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new member and absolute beginner with FHEM. I have HomeMatic CCU2 (white box with 3 green LEDs), couple of door sensors, window handle sensors and thermostats. I have a FritzBox and Synology NAS.

I know basic German, but apparently it's not enough to learn enough from FHEM documentation... I was searching here but not found answers.

What I managed to do: HomeMatic devices are configured and work well with CCU. Synology has Perl and FHEM installed and running. For now I get:

ZitatSecurityCheck:

WEB,WEBphone,WEBtablet has no basicAuth attribute.
telnetPort has no password/globalpassword attribute.
Running with root privileges.
Restart fhem for a new check if the problem is fixed,
or set the global attribute motd to none to supress this message.

I don't see FHEM directory on Synology (it's probably hiding in plain sight ;) So this is my 1st obstacle.

2nd obstacle:
HOWTO says
ZitatMany fhem installations access the "outer world" via a USB device connected to the fhem computer (CUL, FHZ1x00, TUL, EUL, etc), these installations most probably need the perl serial module. See the commandref section of your USB device, if this module is needed. You can avoid this module by using a device which connects via Ethernet, e.g. a HMLAN or a CUNO.

I would like to use Ethernet, but how to do this with HomeMatic CCU?

Best regards,
Deckard

Deckard

OK, I'm a dummy, but I knew that already. I can edit the config files directly in FHEM web interface. And run commands...
Not that I managed to get HTTPS to work though.

(if I'm registered, why do I have to answer German riddles at every post? ;) It's testing if I know German enough :)

EDIT:
trying /fhem/docs/commandref.html#HMLAN
The "HomeMatic LAN Configurator" - it's part of CCU, or a separate device?

Zrrronggg!

Can onyl help you with this:
ZitatThe "HomeMatic LAN Configurator" - it's part of CCU, or a separate device?
A separate device.
It was meant as some sort of configuration device only by ELV, but in combination with FHEM it is used as a HM Wirelss interface. You attach it to FHEM ( Ethernet, IP ) and it will send all commands FHEM might want to send to HM devices and receive whatever they send back.

You cannot use the CCU to work with FHEM (not entirly true - you can use it parallel) and the "HomeMatic LAN Configurator" is one of the about 3 ways to let the FHEM host communicate with your HM devices. (The other 2 would be:HomeMatic USB Interface  and a CUL in HM Mode.)

Furthermore: This

ZitatWEB,WEBphone,WEBtablet has no basicAuth attribute.
telnetPort has no password/globalpassword attribute.
Running with root privileges.
Restart fhem for a new check if the problem is fixed,
or set the global attribute motd to none to supress this message.

are more or less only warnings. FHEM will nevertheless work, but may be unsafe if connected to the world.
FHEM auf Linkstation Mini, CUL 868 SlowRF, 2xCUL 868 RFR, CUL 433 für IT, 2xHMLAN-Configurator mit VCCU, ITV-100 Repeater, Sender und Aktoren von FHT, FS20, S300, HM, IT, RSL

UliM

Hi,
With fhem running on a Synology NAS, you might have a hard time to install the linux-daemon (hmland) needed for the HM-CFG-USB.  Therefore in your case I'd recommend a HM-CFG-LAN which -being a LAN-device-  does not require any drivers .

To get rid of that message, type into the fhem-commandfield:
attr global motd none

Cheers,
Uli
RPi4/Raspbian, CUL V3 (ca. 30 HomeMatic-devices), LAN (HarmonyHub, alexa etc.).  Fördermitglied des FHEM e.V.

rudolfkoenig

ZitatTo get rid of that message, type into the fhem-commandfield:

But please try to understand the message first, and disable it only, if you know that it is irrelevant in your special case.

Deckard

Many thanks for all the answers.

The security - I tried to get through to get a secure (SSL) FHEM, but I got stuck on the Lan Configurator. I have to check about getting that device (if it's only purpose for me will be to have FHEM). For now it's not connected to anything.

Is there any other way, outside of FHEM, to get data out of HomeMatic and display it on a internet accessible page? There is Cux (daemon) - is it right direction to explore? A webpage on Synology, connecting to CCU, getting data and displaying it. At this stage I don't need to control anything, just read-only info. I guess this goes more under HomeMatic forum - do you know if there is one with English corner?

Cheers

UliM

Hey,
just stumbled across this one:
http://forum.fhem.de/index.php/topic,40189.0.html
Module that uses an existing CCU2 as IO. So yu wouldn't need to buy extra gadgets, and it should almost for sure be able to read all values from your CCU2.
Never tried it though.
Best, Uli
RPi4/Raspbian, CUL V3 (ca. 30 HomeMatic-devices), LAN (HarmonyHub, alexa etc.).  Fördermitglied des FHEM e.V.

UliM