MaxScanner and

Begonnen von Bob B, 22 November 2016, 14:34:17

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Bob B

I have a working system consisting of two MAX! eQ3 Basic TRVs and a CUL on an RPi.

I'm trying to get regular temp updates from the TRVs. MaxScanner looked to be the thing but it falls at the first hurdle:

define ms MaxScanner
Unknown module MaxScanner

Recursively looking under the installation directory (/opt/fhem/) there is no reference to MaxScanner that I can find. (I believe from reading other threads in English Corner that it should be /opt/fhem/98_MaxScanner .)

I'm running "Featurelevel: 5.7" on the RPi. Was MaxScanner removed for some reason - or never made it to RPi in the first place perhaps?

I note that I can set user attribute "scanTemp" on each Heating Thermostat so I'm assuming 98_MaxScanner.pm just got omitted from my tarball - although I used the latest and greatest from http://fhem.de/fhem.html#Download.

Any thoughts gratefully received.
Bob

FWIW:
I also note that:
define wp weekprofile
also results in an unknown module error; I haven't investigated further though.

fruit

Sounds as though you are running an old/install version. Try update checkand if that suggests new versions then updatefollowed by shutdown restart
Feel free to follow up in German if you prefer

Bob B

That fixed it. Thanks fruit.
Bob

Bob B

Well I spoke too soon.
After updating,

define ms MaxScanner
attr ms verbose 1

now work fine but I can't find any way of associating the thermostats with ms. According to the help/wiki for MaxScanner thermostats should have attributes such as scnProcessByDesiChange, scnModeHandling etc. but I can only set scanTemp. Getting associated devices from the ms webpage says "0 devices found". Should I learn to read German perhaps?

fruit

Have you run get ms associatedDevicesThis should find all devices. My config looks like define myScanner MaxScanner
attr myScanner scnCreditThreshold 400
attr myScanner scnMinInterval 21
attr myScanner verbose 1

define MAX_075bd4 MAX HeatingThermostat 075bd4
attr MAX_075bd4 userattr MAX MAX_map scnProcessByDesiChange:0,1 scnShutterList structexclude
attr MAX_075bd4 IODev CULMAX0
attr MAX_075bd4 MAX AllHeaters
attr MAX_075bd4 alias Bath_Rad
attr MAX_075bd4 event-on-change-reading .*
attr MAX_075bd4 icon my_heating_automatic
attr MAX_075bd4 keepAuto 1
attr MAX_075bd4 room Bathroom
attr MAX_075bd4 scanTemp 1
attr MAX_075bd4 scnProcessByDesiChange 1
attr MAX_075bd4 scnShutterList 04d87a

Learning German would help many of us here :)

Bob B

Many thanks yet again fruit.

After looking at your cfg  this now works:
define MAX_LivingRoom MAX HeatingThermostat 131ab2
attr MAX_LivingRoom userattr MAX MAX_map scnProcessByDesiChange:0,1 <-- new. I cannot find MAX_map anywhere though? Will remove it I think.
attr MAX_LivingRoom scanTemp 1 <--originally there anyway
attr MAX_LivingRoom scnProcessByDesiChange 1 <-- new (but shouldn't be necessary?)

Maybe it was just restarting fhem after defining MaxScanner that did the trick.

Did you find any difference (reliability say) between the scnProcessByDesiChange=0 (ModeChange) and =1 (DesiredChange) ?

MaxScanner:
attr myScanner scnMinInterval 21 < -- any particular reason for 21?

fruit

I also have define AllHeaters structure MAX MAX_075bd4 MAX_075be0 MAX_075bdc MAX_0759c6 MAX_075bb2
attr AllHeaters clientstate_behavior absolute
attr AllHeaters webCmd desiredTemperature
for my Eco Switch and I think the MAX_map comes from setting this

I chose DesiredChange as I use Mode change with the Eco Switch.

Only included in case it helps others...
I found the Eco Switch code does not work as given in the wiki, other events seem to get in the way so my notify starts define EcoSwitch_notify notify MAX_00c323:(onoff).* {
if ( ReadingsVal( "MAX_00c323", "onoff", "0" ) eq "0" )

I think it may be sufficient to limit the events generated eg. restrict attr MAX_00c323 event-on-change-reading .* to the changes we are interested in

Edit: used the wrong MAX device in the last attr statement :(

Bob B

>for my Eco Switch and I think the MAX_map comes from setting this
Fine (we noobs get bamboozled very easily!)

>I chose DesiredChange as I use Mode change with the Eco Switch.
OK - it's working great except the plots I've done (actual against desired temp.) look wobbly due to the ever changing desired temp. 'tis but a small thing but I'm experimenting with mode change now just to impress my friends.

Many thanks fruit.