Help a beginner [solved]

Begonnen von mugginsjm, 13 Februar 2017, 13:11:14

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

mugginsjm

Hi
I am finding this a fairly steep uphill path.
I have built a CUL nano and uploaded firmware which seems to work (responds with version number)
I have installed fhem on RPI and paired , I think?
I simply want to fully open or fully close the MAX rad valve without any interaction with thermostats etc. Is there a simpler way?
thanks
John

fruit

I guess you could try set <device> desiredTemperature 30.0 and set <device> desiredTemperature 5.0
Feel free to follow up in German if you prefer

mugginsjm

Since all I want to do is open and close a couple of rad valves is there a way to bypass fhem and just send raw ascii commands to the CUL device?

alangward

Hi,
You can send raw commands to the valves using the 'set .... raw ...' within fhem. See the command reference manual. But, it is easier to use the normal commands as fruit has suggested. Rather than using '30' and '5' though you may prefer to use 'on' and 'off' - though the effect is the same.
The only advantage of using raw is that it bypasses the queing and retry mechanism within fhem.

Hope this helps

Alan

mugginsjm

Sorry
I'm still struggling. I cannot achieve pairing. My device is an EQ3 MAX! rad valve.
My RPi is connected to CUL device, but version shows 433mHz. As valve is 868 is this a problem? I have followed the instructions for altering the frequency line in "boards.h" when building the CUL firmware.

Clients
:CUL_MAX:HMS:CUL_IR:STACKABLE_CC:
DEF
/dev/ttyUSB0@38400 1034

DeviceName
/dev/ttyUSB0@38400
FD
FHTID
NAME
CUL0
NR
NR_CMD_LAST_H
PARTIAL

STATE
Initialized
TYPE
CUL
VERSION
V 1.67 nanoCUL433
initString
X21 Zr Za123456 Zw111111
Readings
ccconf
freq:868.300MHz bWidth:101KHz rAmpl:33dB sens:8dB
2017-02-15 12:21:19
cmds
A B C E e F f G h i K k l M m R T t U V W X x Y Z z
2017-02-15 12:17:42
state
Initialized
2017-02-15 12:23:29
version
V 1.67 nanoCUL433
2017-02-15 12:21:53

mugginsjm

Can anyone please tell me what I should be seeing in the valve LCD window. I set pair mode on fhem and then on valve which counts down to zero. It then returns to showing the number 1 and a radio symbol. I'm beginning to suspect that my CC1101 module is faulty. Any advice anyone.
thanks
John

malc_b

Frequency is 868 so if CUL is say 433 it won't work.  It isn't just a case of changing the frequency setting since the length of the aerial wire is tuned to suit the frequency.

mugginsjm

Hi
I've loaded CUL firmware version 1.66 and now all references to frequency are 868mHz.
My CC1101 module has a little stub aerial and claims to be dual frequency?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252616019027?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Still no pairing....

malc_b

AFAIR you have a CUL device and then add a CUL_MAX.  You also need autocreate on but that is the default.  You then go to the cul max device and do set pairmode (no value in the input box).  Then you press the button on the max rad for 3s to get it to go into pairing mode.  If it all works you have a new max heating thermostat device.  Then using fhem "rename" you can give that a more meaningful name.

mugginsjm

I've done all that you mentioned but with no result. Time to order another radio module, I think.
thanks
John

malc_b

You can flash the max cube with CUL which is another alternative.  Max cube will hang off ethernet so can more flexible in where you position it (and it is cheaper I think).

mugginsjm

Hello again
New nano and new CC1101 and now paired......
I can now send
"set MAX_140c5e desiredTemperature 18" and valve updates which is great.
Now I'm lost in the fog of alias, attributes, defines etc.
My home automation is mostly MQTT based and I simply want to fully open or fully close the valve from outside of the FHEM environment. I appreciate it has to be running in the background but can I send commands to it via command line or socket.
thanks
John

Beta-User

Hi John,

in general, these devices are not designed for direct manipulation of the valve value.

In most cases, it is better to set a desired temp and let the device do the calculation which valve value should be appropriate (and overcome problems resulting from unappropriate internal temp measurements by using external equipment or fake temperature information).

You can overrule this to some extent by setting the desired temp to very low (="off") or very high (=on"), eg.
set MAX_140c5e desiredTemperature off

(I'm just citing this from memory as a non-MAX!-user, so you may have to look for the correct command).

Beta-User
Server: HP-elitedesk@Debian 12, aktuelles FHEM@ConfigDB | CUL_HM (VCCU) | MQTT2: MiLight@ESP-GW, BT@OpenMQTTGw | MySensors: seriell, v.a. 2.3.1@RS485 | ZWave | ZigBee@deCONZ | SIGNALduino | MapleCUN | RHASSPY
svn: u.a MySensors, Weekday-&RandomTimer, Twilight,  div. attrTemplate-files

mugginsjm

Thanks for that, and it is what I plan to do. But I still need to find out how to send these commands remotely from outside the FHEM environment.
thanks
John

Beta-User

Sorry,

but I have no personal experience wrt. controlling FHEM by other means than using FHEMWEB or andFHEM (android app).

Some hints anyhow:
- Your questioning should make more clear, what "outside the FHEM environment" means: same machine, same network segment, somewhere over internet or telphone line etc..

- Imo, best approach is to have local systems acting independently. Typically this would include FHEM deciding on most of the things happening at a specific place. In case you have to inform FHEM about whatever, you may send an email, add calendar entries and so on and make FHEM check for these kind of infos regularly (e.g. "will visit my weekend house tomorrow"). Doing that way should reduce vulnerability/problems arising of a non reliable connection to the remote system. In case you plan to do some own scripting outside FHEM, you may "reinvent the wheel", a lot of funktionality is already there/built in.

- For interaction from telnet or OS level with FHEM, you may have a look at the commandref, keywords "Introduction" and "FHEM command types"

Good luck,

Beta-User
Server: HP-elitedesk@Debian 12, aktuelles FHEM@ConfigDB | CUL_HM (VCCU) | MQTT2: MiLight@ESP-GW, BT@OpenMQTTGw | MySensors: seriell, v.a. 2.3.1@RS485 | ZWave | ZigBee@deCONZ | SIGNALduino | MapleCUN | RHASSPY
svn: u.a MySensors, Weekday-&RandomTimer, Twilight,  div. attrTemplate-files