Newbie - FHEM 5.5 creates enocean devices, FHEM 5.8 not. WHY?

Begonnen von epoch, 27 Mai 2017, 16:04:19

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

epoch

Hi there. So it's all in the title. I have an Enocean kit and FHEM 5.5 works with it, meaning devices are created. But with 5.8, although the USB gateway is found no devices are ever created. I verified this on 2 different machines.

How to get EnoCean devices to appear in FHEM 5.8?

(The anti-spam is in german too. Not extremely friendly for non-speakers.)

Edit: Ach so. https://forum.fhem.de/index.php/topic,29929.msg226287.html, last message. You need to set learningMode "always" in the TCM device attributes to reinstate normal function.
So I've found the how. My question as to why still stands...

krikan

Zitat von: epoch am 27 Mai 2017, 16:04:19
How to get EnoCean devices to appear in FHEM 5.8?
Please activate the learingMode: https://fhem.de/commandref.html#TCM_learningMode .

Zitat
(The anti-spam is in german too. Not extremely friendly for non-speakers.)
I'm sorry.
Did you change the preferred language in your forum profile?

epoch

Zitat von: krikan am 27 Mai 2017, 16:35:34
Did you change the preferred language in your forum profile?
Thank you for your answer. Still, I do not understand why out of the box the application should be totally unresponsive to sensors...

Yes my profile says Language: English.
However, while the captcha image thinggy (from google?) is in english, the extra question is in german in my case. Here and now: "Wie heißt die Hauptstadt von Frankreich?"

krikan

Zitat von: epoch am 27 Mai 2017, 17:54:30
Thank you for your answer. Still, I do not understand why out of the box the application should be totally unresponsive to sensors...
I do not know exactly. This was a decision of the developer. Presumably to prevent the accidental definition of devices.

ZitatYes my profile says Language: English.
However, while the captcha image thinggy (from google?) is in english, the extra question is in german in my case. Here and now: "Wie heißt die Hauptstadt von Frankreich?"
Strange. I will inform the administrators.