CUL for windows and ports

Begonnen von sdresearch, 01 Juli 2017, 16:49:42

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

sdresearch

I would appreciate some help here

I am using win7 as an operating system, and flip to load the busware.de cul v3 with its firmware. I think it worked as I have ATmega32U4 as a device and the 4 stages, according to flip (erase,blank check, program and verify) were successful.. The device suggests that its on port 00003, group 00005. My ultimate objective is to set up a FHT system
I have loaded the MyUSB_USBtoSerial.inf file that came with cul, and using the free serial port software HW virtual serial port on COM3. I am also using the TTy emulator.PE connecting via the serial port COM3. All using port 3?

So my problem areas are that I was not able to communicate with the USB with the TTY emulator, got no response to "V" or "X01". I am not sure that I am using the right port, also I am not sure that I specified the right name in openhab things. I used ATmega32U4 and port 3. I notice others have used "ttyACM0"

Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, David

rudolfkoenig

I am not a Windows expert, but as Windows experts are rare (or just quiet?) in this forum, I try to help anyway.

I only have a Windows 7 installation in a VM, so I cannot talk about real drivers, but attaching a CUL was straightforward:
- I did not have to install any driver (probably due to the fact, that it is a VM, and the host already has its driver).
- the windows device manager shows the CUL as CC1101-USB-Light - CUL (COM4)
- I defined it in FHEM as "define CUL CUL COM4@38400 1234". Replace 1234 with your FHT-House-Id, or set it to 0000 if you want to ignore FHTs
- Upon starting FHEM the log shows the following:
2017.07.02 09:59:56.263 3: Opening CUL device COM4
2017.07.02 09:59:56.920 3: Setting CUL serial parameters to 38400,8,N,1
2017.07.02 09:59:56.990 3: CUL device opened
2017.07.02 09:59:57.120 3: CUL: Possible commands: ABCeFGhiKLlMmRTtUuVWXxYZz

- from one of the FHEM frontends (I used telnet) I had no problems issuing commands like "get CUL version".

I never heard of a tty emulator on Windows, and therefore I wouldnt recommend to use one :)
ttyACM0 is a typical Linux serial device name, it sounds strange to me to use it on Windows.

RaspiLED

Hi, nothing to extend, although my CUL just gets Com14 ;-)
Windows 10 and no Driver at all!
Warm regards,
Arnd

Raspi2 mit FHEM, CUL, Signalduino, MySensors, HomeBridge, Presence, Bravia, ...
Raspberry Pi mit FHEM, CUL, Signalduino, MySensors, HomeBridge, Presence, WifiLight2, Bravia, ...

juergs

Hi David,
there are some further things to resolve:

• MyUSB_USBtoSerial.inf
  • HW virtual serial port on COM3
  • I am also using the TTy emulator

1.)  hope, i'm not confusing with this one: myavr.de and beeing wrong...
"My_USB" seems to be the wrong USB-Driver, if you don't use the MY_Usb -Bootloader (may have wrong sw-entry-points...).
here cul.inf the correct driver-inf-file.

Depending which device 8/16MHz you are using:
Zitatwindows device manager shows the CUL as CC1101-USB-Light - CUL (COM4)
Use DFU-Bootloader instead:  dfu-bootloader-hex-file
HowTo
usblufa

2.) HW virtual serial connects one physical COM-Port via TCP to a virtual-COM-port (optional on other ip/computer) .
If you connect your tty-emulator towards the Virtual-COM-Port, not having its physical counterpart, will fail!   
i.e "V"-command will not respond...

3.) coolterm and serial-port-monitor for tray

4.) "ttyACM0" is Linux-specific for one type/denomination of an "usual" serial port (there could be more... with different naming... different access types...)   :o

Jürgen

HenryFinnigan

Zitat von: juergs am 02 Juli 2017, 17:26:11
Hi David,
there are some further things to resolve:

• MyUSB_USBtoSerial.inf
  • HW virtual serial port on COM3
  • I am also using the TTy emulator

1.)  hope, i'm not confusing with this one: myavr.de and beeing wrong...
"My_USB" seems to be the wrong USB-Driver, if you don't use the MY_Usb -Bootloader (may have wrong sw-entry-points...).
here cul.inf the correct driver-inf-file.

Depending which device 8/16MHz you are using:Use DFU-Bootloader instead:  dfu-bootloader-hex-file
HowTo
usblufa

2.) SEC virtual serial connects one physical COM-Port via TCP to a virtual-COM-port (optional on other ip/computer) .
If you connect your tty-emulator towards the Virtual-COM-Port, not having its physical counterpart, will fail!   
i.e "V"-command will not respond...

3.) coolterm and serial-port-monitor for tray

4.) "ttyACM0" is Linux-specific for one type/denomination of an "usual" serial port (there could be more... with different naming... different access types...)   :o

Jürgen

I haven't received my core yet, so I cannot verify this, but when I was trying something similar with another device using Ubuntu I ran into a similar sounding problem. It turns out the modem manager was periodically opening /dev/ttyACM0. It gave intermittent failures. A little searching pointed me to this link.

"http://askubuntu.com/questions/216114/how-can-i-remove-modem-manager-from-boot 101"

It seemed to cure my problem with my other Arduino like device.