Brand new user, want to monitor dB levels from microphone input

Begonnen von hal8999, 03 Februar 2018, 22:16:56

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

hal8999

Hey all,

I am planning to install fhem on a brand-new ubuntu instance for a sole purpose. I have a contact microphone and I would like to log the dB of noise as close to real-time as possible. I will be using the 3.5mm input plug on the built-in sound card on the motherboard... Thanks!

herrmannj

hal8999

thanks! I realized in my original post that I didn't actually ask a question, hah!

What module would I use to measure input from the sound card's microphone? I only need to measure the dB level, not the actual sound. So I don't want to be recording WAV files or any such thing to disk. Just the levels...

(PS: when I set the default language to English, the captcha challenges are still in german, which is a little annoying. is there any way to fix that in your phpBB?)

rudolfkoenig

ZitatWhat module would I use to measure input from the sound card's microphone? I only need to measure the dB level, not the actual sound. So I don't want to be recording WAV files or any such thing to disk. Just the levels...
As far as I know there is no such FHEM Module. Anyway, FHEM ist not well suited to convert raw audio to DB values. I wrote a small C-Program about 10 years ago for this taks, which dumped the output in a FHEM compatible format, so I could visualize it in FHEM with a fake FileLog.

Zitat(PS: when I set the default language to English, the captcha challenges are still in german, which is a little annoying. is there any way to fix that in your phpBB?)
Not that I know of. There are some 10 "challanges", half of them is in english, so you could try to reload the side, if it appears unsolvable.

JoWiemann

Welcome to Fhem. As far as I know there ist a Solution in ESP Easy. And for ESP Easy you will find the Fhem module EspBridge.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Grüße Jörg
Jörg Wiemann

Slave: RPi B+ mit 512 MB, COC (868 MHz), CUL V3 (433.92MHz SlowRF); FHEMduino, Aktuelles FHEM

Master: CubieTruck; Debian; Aktuelles FHEM