Zwave dongle/ smartlock troubleshooting question or search question

Begonnen von Wallyllama, 14 Oktober 2018, 18:10:58

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Wallyllama

The forums are rich with information, and I've had pretty good results with google translste, keyword searches and just browsing, but I've hit a limit with more conceptual searches, and I am looking for advice on search strategies, I'll use my current problem as an example.

Danalock v1. Zwave. I had it paired with security, seemed to be working. I installed the lock and moved my controller to a central location in my house. Communication was broken. I removed the lock set it near the controller with no improvement. Ive tried several things and now I've managed to make it so the lock no longer even shows up as a neighbor.

I found a long thread on the v3 version of this lock, searching zwave and neighbor gets 9+ pages of results. Im looking for any zwave debugging tools fhem may have, or external tools etc.

Im using a zooz s2 usb stick. A nanopi neo2, gentoo linux. Github version of fhem.

Im more interested in learning to fish, than just getting a fish(answer), but I'd be grateful for either.

rudolfkoenig

The neighbor concept is only relevant for non Zwave+ devices. The controller stores up to 4 neighbors for each device, and decides the routing depending on this. The neighbors can be updated with the neighborUpdate FHEM command, and visualized with the "Show neighbor map" link in the ZWDongle FHEMWEB-Details view. For ZWave+ there is a better solution with explorer frames, and I have the impression, that the neighbor information is ignored with ZWave+.

Parts of the ZWave wireless protocol are documented in ITU G.9959, but not everything is implemented the way is described there, and the newer ZWave+ is not documented at all.

If you are serious about learning, then get a CUL (or a clone), flash it with a culfw firmware with ZWave enabled, and start a FHEM instance with a defined ZWCUL in monitor mode. In this mode the device will protocol each wireless packet. A "minor" problem is, that ZWave devices are able to listen on 3 different datarates simultaneously, and the CUL can listen only on one datarate, but for debugging this should be enough.

Don't forget to share what you learn!

Wallyllama

It has been said tha one definition of insanity is repeateing the same steps and expecting a different result.

I tried all the steps again today and my zooz stick and my danalock paired on the first try, the lock shows up in the neighbor list again.  I have to guess the problem was me trying to do too many things too fast and the lock went in to some sort of safety mode.

I'd still like to hear tips people have about searching the auf Deutsch parts of the forums. With google translate i can browse the topics, and I can do keyword searches for technical terms. Im guessing there is a list of words that would be helpful. Some are obvious, wohnraum or arbeitraum, and I can look up the word for garage, but some words when directly translated arent the word a native speaker would use.  I'll admit the language barrier on this site is pretty low, but I'm a bit stupid and still trip on it.

Prof. Dr. Peter Henning

Hm...

Can you give us a list of the english terms that you have been searching for ? We may probably set up a thesaurus to help searching things.

LG

pah

Wallyllama

I wasnt sure how to start, so I havent tried anything except words that I know are the same like zwave, or desk.

I did find one example. I was thinking about creating an alarm if a zwave device is offline. I thought of alarm and disconnect. Google says trennen for disconect, but if use both words I get "alarm abschalten".

I think what I will do is just have google translate my questions then pull keywords out of that. I dont think you should have to do a lot of work just because I am a bit simple.

Prof. Dr. Peter Henning

You should no go for the target (=creating an alarm device), but for the cause (=supervising a zwave network). Since I am not running ZWave I am not sure of all the device readings, but in my guess a watchdog device could do the job.

So my hint: Go for the keywords "Netzwerk Überwachen" and "Watchdog"

LG

pah