Revised Weather Module

Begonnen von arkimede, 17 April 2018, 16:21:30

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

arkimede

Hi, I'm a new user of Fhem; I am a professional developer and for this I intend to make some changes to make it more suitable for my needs. To start (and get acquainted) I made some changes on the Weather module:
- Added Italian language
- Translated some messages that were fixed in English
- Added some labels to the values
- Added a new parameter to the WeatherAsHtmlX functions - you can specify a third parameter (0/1) to decide whether to print a title in the forecast table.
- Changed some icons to align the image of the sun or the moon
- Changed table layout
- Some changes to the internal code :)
Since I can not directly commit the changes I attach the files here so that the official maintainer can decide if they are useful and integrate them in the repository. There is also a screenshot of the effect.
Thank you and good job to everybody
Michele

bntest1

Great. Thank you, Michele.

I'll try to review it this weekend. Lagging a bit behind with incorporating contributions.

Are you willing to work on that module even more? I could use some help (in terms of capacity) to make the Weather module a universal wrapper around diverse services. The Yahoo API was separated from the core module for that reason. My idea is to unify Weather Underground, Proplanta, Yahoo an what else is already in the zoo of weather modules.

Have a nice day.
Boris

betateilchen

@Boris

Very cool new userName  8)
-----------------------
Formuliere die Aufgabe möglichst einfach und
setze die Lösung richtig um - dann wird es auch funktionieren.
-----------------------
Lesen gefährdet die Unwissenheit!

arkimede

Zitat von: Administrativer Forentester (Standard) am 17 April 2018, 17:03:01
Great. Thank you, Michele.

I'll try to review it this weekend. Lagging a bit behind with incorporating contributions.

Are you willing to work on that module even more? I could use some help (in terms of capacity) to make the Weather module a universal wrapper around diverse services. The Yahoo API was separated from the core module for that reason. My idea is to unify Weather Underground, Proplanta, Yahoo an what else is already in the zoo of weather modules.

Have a nice day.
Boris
Hi Boris!
Thanks for your interest! Right now I do not think to make any other changes on that module, unless you or someone else ask me! In fact I was about to start doing what you have proposed, that is to integrate all the changes and functionality of the Weather module in that of Weather Underground! We can do it together if you like it.
At the same time I have to start to study well the operation of MAX and MaxScanner that interest me as it is the system that I installed at my house;)
See you soon.
Michele

Dr. Boris Neubert

Zitat von: betateilchen am 17 April 2018, 18:51:28
@Boris

Very cool new userName  8)

:o Selected the wrong remembered username from the tiny tiny dropdown box in Firefox on my smartphone  :-[
Globaler Moderator, Developer, aktives Mitglied des FHEM e.V. (Marketing, Verwaltung)
Bitte keine unaufgeforderten privaten Nachrichten!

Dr. Boris Neubert

Hi Michele,

Zitat von: arkimede am 17 April 2018, 16:21:30
Hi, I'm a new user of Fhem; I am a professional developer and for this I intend to make some changes to make it more suitable for my needs. To start (and get acquainted) I made some changes on the Weather module:

I accepted most of your amendments. I only cowardly rejected the changes to the readings since these could potentially break compatibility for users that rely on the format.

Now in SVN, tomorrow at 8 a.m. available via update.

Cheers,
Boris
Globaler Moderator, Developer, aktives Mitglied des FHEM e.V. (Marketing, Verwaltung)

Dr. Boris Neubert

I had to revert the changes to the HTML routines - it breaks another module.

https://forum.fhem.de/index.php?topic=87187.new#new