Suggestions for cheap RF transmitters for wall switches?

Begonnen von gw0udm, 27 Dezember 2018, 18:27:20

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

gw0udm

Hi

I've been around the HA scene for a while and having great success using FHEM for controlling a mixture of systems.

However I've had real difficulty in finding what seems on the face of it something fairly simple. I've got a room with a mixture of Hue bulbs and wifi controlled lights all of which I can access through FHEM. What I want is a small RF module which I can install inside the wall switch box and connect to the switches, and use these to trigger events in FHEM.

These seem almost impossible to find. I know you can get keyfob style remotes and I suppose I could try butchering one of those, but I'd much prefer something made for the job. I've looked everywhere but can't find anything obvious.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

James

Wallyllama

Are asking for a transmitter that sends a signall when you push a wall switch?  There are a lot of small 433mhz modules that have power and a data pin. I dont know of anything ready built.

Beta-User

Also not sure, if I got your situation right.

Are you looking for something like https://www.elv.de/homematic-hm-pbi-4-fm-funk-tasterschnittstelle-4fach-unterputzmontage.html?

Afaik, there exists also a pretty similar gadget for 433MHz, but I dont' remember the name and that one is using a fairly strange protocol (but Signalduino might be capable, might need modifications to the respective protocol module).
Server: HP-elitedesk@Debian 12, aktuelles FHEM@ConfigDB | CUL_HM (VCCU) | MQTT2: MiLight@ESP-GW, BT@OpenMQTTGw | MySensors: seriell, v.a. 2.3.1@RS485 | ZWave | ZigBee@deCONZ | SIGNALduino | MapleCUN | RHASSPY
svn: u.a MySensors, Weekday-&RandomTimer, Twilight,  div. attrTemplate-files

RaspiLED

Raspberry Pi mit FHEM, CUL, Signalduino, MySensors, HomeBridge, Presence, WifiLight2, Bravia, ...

gw0udm

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

Yes these are all the sort of thing I am looking for, although the prices for some of these are quite high given how simple they are!

I quite like the idea of a simple 433Mhz module to send a keypress (or switch actuation). I also prefer using latching rather than momentary switches because they are much easier to install 'stealthily' and two gang momentary switches aren't easy to find and are expensive.

I will investigate further!

Thanks

James

gw0udm

Zitat von: Beta-User am 05 Januar 2019, 17:48:37
Also not sure, if I got your situation right.

Are you looking for something like https://www.elv.de/homematic-hm-pbi-4-fm-funk-tasterschnittstelle-4fach-unterputzmontage.html?

Afaik, there exists also a pretty similar gadget for 433MHz, but I dont' remember the name and that one is using a fairly strange protocol (but Signalduino might be capable, might need modifications to the respective protocol module).

Thank you, yes something like this but ideally a bit cheaper! I have Signalduino, do you have any more info on the 433Mhz module you mention?

James

RaspiLED

Hi,
I believe Intertechnos 433 MHz ITLM-1000 or ITL-230 or ITS-200 could be interesting!?
Regards, Arnd

Raspi2 mit FHEM, CUL, Signalduino, MySensors, HomeBridge, Presence, Bravia, ...
Raspberry Pi mit FHEM, CUL, Signalduino, MySensors, HomeBridge, Presence, WifiLight2, Bravia, ...

GatuRatz

Hi,

these two devices speak intertechno and many of them work without any issue in my home:

https://www.smartwares.eu/de-de/smartwares-products/smarthome/smarthome-basic/smartwares-sh5-tsw-b-smarthome-funk-10.037.18
https://www.smartwares.eu/de-de/smartwares-products/smarthome/smarthome-basic/smartwares-sh5-tsw-a-smarthome-funk-10.037.12
The cost is ~12 Euro (down to 10 Euro in some places) for the one with two switches and even less for the one with one switch (however it might be that it has the same double stuff inside and just the plastic cover is different, however I am not sure).
There exists a black one also, but I never tried it.

If you do not like the plastic cover then you can perhaps use only the stuff which is inside.

Br
GatuRatz