Same MAX TVR's one reading temp the other not

Begonnen von mflammia1, 13 Oktober 2016, 23:38:52

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

mflammia1

Hi,

Have attached two screen shots of two MAX TVR's which are identical but one is reading the temperature and the other is not.

You can see from the images the differences, with the working one under the 'Readings' section showing two additional rows called 'temperature' and 'testresult', whereas the other doesn't - but I'm not sure why and believe that is where the problems lies.

Appreciate in advance if anyone can offer some assistance.

Many thanks.

fruit

I have both 'temperature' and 'testresult' in my Readings using an RFBee CUL.
'temperature' is in fact room temp so is expected. Not sure where 'testresult' is from but looks OK to be there except my values are all 255

Once you have paired have you toggled Manual/Auto as that is required to initiate communication (I think that is still the case with CUL but I may be wrong)?
You also seem to have both in Manual mode. Does Auto change things at all?

Edit: If all else fails try un-pair and re-pair I guess
Feel free to follow up in German if you prefer

mflammia1

You where right! Thanks for taking the time to answer.

After a proper pair you can now see a lot more information on the TVR in the image below.

I have TVR's paired with Wall thermostats, and then paired to FHEM - so I believe getting the order correct is important.

• So First I paired the TVR to FHEM
  • Then I paired the Wall Thermostat to FHEM
  • Then I reset the TVR
  • Then I paired the TVR and Thermostat together and all now seems ok

The problem I have now, is kind of related in that I have sent a new schedule to the wall thermostat with the following command:

set MAX_Bedroom_Kids_Thermostat weekProfile Mon 23.5,07:00,17,17:00,23.5 Tue 23.5,07:00,17,17:00,23.5 Wed 23.5,07:00,17,17:00,23.5 Thu 23.5,07:00,17,17:00,23.5 Fri 23.5,07:00,17,17:00,23.5 Sat 23.5,07:00,23.5,17:00,23.5 Sun 23.5,07:00,23.5,17:00,23.5

But when you look at the readings in FHEM they are what they where when I originally paired the wall thermostat - so my question is, to get the readings to match in FHEM is the only way to re-pair the thermostat again or is there a command you can submit to sync it?

Many thanks in advance

fruit

If the wall stat is not responding to commands, weekProfile, desiredTemperature etc. then I suspect it is not paired correctly
I don't have any walls stats but guess they respond to a weekProfile command like a TRV ie. new value should appear in Readings almost immediately (subject to available credit)

(It can be a good idea to use a shorter weekProfile command while testing in case of credit issues eg. one day at a time and watch logs)

mflammia1

Thanks for posting back.

The issue might be related to not having enough credit, and put a separate post up about that as struggling to find what's causing it.

Just as an additional bit of information, I have recently re-paired all my devices (TVR's and Wall Thermostats) to FHEM. I then had to reset the TVR's in order to get them to pair back up with the wall thermostats, which works fine i.e. I can set a tempreture on the wall thermostat and the TVR changes to match. Just can't seem to send anything to wall thermostat like desired temperature and schedule and make it stick.

When you look at the devices (TVR's & Wall Thermostats) in FHEM, and you might be able to tell from the screen shots that only a few readings are updating as can be seen by the date and time stamps and these are:

TVR

• RSSI
  • battery
  • desiredTempreture
  • mode
  • msgcnt
  • state
  • valveposition

Wall Theormostats

• RSSI
  • desiredTempreture
  • mode
  • msgcnt
  • state
  • tempreture

The items that don't change are as follows:

TVR's

• TimeInformationHour
  • boostDuration
  • boostValabePosition
  • confortTempreture
  • decalcification
  • ecoTempreture
  • firmware
  • groupid
  • maxValveSetting
  • maxiumiumTempreture
  • tempreture
  • testresutls
  • valaveOffest
  • weekprofile-0-Sat-temp
  • weekprofile-0-Sat-time
  • weekprofile-1-Sun-temp
  • weekprofile-1-Sun-time
  • weekprofile-2-Mon-temp
  • weekprofile-2-Mon-time
  • weekprofile-3-Tue-temp
  • weekprofile-3-Tue-time
  • weekprofile-4-Wed-temp
  • weekprofile-4-Wed-time
  • weekprofile-5-Thu-temp
  • weekprofile-5-Thu-time
  • weekprofile-6-Fri-temp
  • weekprofile-6-Fri-time
  • windowOpenDuration
  • windowOpenTemperature

Wall Thermostats

• TimeInformationHour
  • battery
  • boostDuration
  • boostValveposition
  • comfortTemperature
  • displayActualTemperature
  • ecoTemperature
  • firmware
  • groupid
  • maximumTemperature
  • measurementOffset
  • minimumTemperature
  • testresult
  • weekprofile-0-Sat-temp
  • weekprofile-0-Sat-time
  • weekprofile-1-Sun-temp
  • weekprofile-1-Sun-time
  • weekprofile-2-Mon-temp
  • weekprofile-2-Mon-time
  • weekprofile-3-Tue-temp
  • weekprofile-3-Tue-time
  • weekprofile-4-Wed-temp
  • weekprofile-4-Wed-time
  • weekprofile-5-Thu-temp
  • weekprofile-5-Thu-time
  • weekprofile-6-Fri-temp
  • weekprofile-6-Fri-time
  • windowOpenTemperature

Problem is I don't know what's right from wrong not having a good one to compare with.

I'm might try un-pairing a TVR to the wall thermostat, resetting the TVR, then repairing again directly to FHEM - see if I can send commands to that directly. Doesn't help fix my issue but at least might give some valid information.

Thanks.

fruit

My understanding is that with a wall stat you no longer directly control the associated TRVs, that is done through the wall stat. I'd expect the wall stat to display its settings but without one here I cannot be sure that is the case.
I general altered settings will be displayed in the relevant web page almost instantly however if there is insufficient credit availalble settings may not be transferred (and show in the page) for some time.

It does sound as though you may have a backlog of pending commands. Wait for these to clear before sending any more