New I2C chips support

Begonnen von phervier, 06 Mai 2015, 13:02:56

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

phervier

Hello

I just finished to add support for some I2C devices to fhem  for my own needs.
There are :
- TMP006  infrared temperature sensor
- HTU21D temp/humidity sensor
- MCP9808 high precision temperature sensor

To make them work i had to modify the 00_RPII2C.pm module to add read and write word capability for both SMBus and IOCTL.

What is the procedure to contribute ?

rudolfkoenig

Post a patch in the correct area of this forum, in this case it is Einplatinencomputer, as it is documented in the MAINTAINER.txt file.

phervier

As I hardly understand german the use of this forum is quite difficult for me.

So there is a MAINAINER.txt file, where could i get it ?

rudolfkoenig

This file is on the top level, if you check out the FHEM source code.
It is also available here, which is linked at the bottom of the fhem.de page.

Fritz!Maxi

Zitat von: phervier am 06 Mai 2015, 13:02:56
I just finished to add support for some I2C devices to fhem  for my own needs.
There are :
- TMP006  infrared temperature sensor
- HTU21D temp/humidity sensor
- MCP9808 high precision temperature sensor

To make them work i had to modify the 00_RPII2C.pm module to add read and write word capability for both SMBus and IOCTL.

Until now I struggled to get the MCP9808 working in FHEM. Would it be possible for you to share your modules with me / us so that I can test them?
FHEM im Debian Container uaf QNAP, diverse Homematic Komponenten

phervier

No problem, here is the file I used for a while without any problem on a raspberry pi.

The only trick is that I made this development with a previous version of the 00_RPII2C.pm. to use my sensors I modified this module and added support of word read/write .

In the last version of 00_RPII2C.pm you can use blockread and blockwrite, and it is more portable than word who suffer of little indian/big indian issue.

I should port my file to the new version of 00_RPII2C.pm but as it work perfectly now i am quite lazy to do it.

Fritz!Maxi

Thanks for sharing this with us! When I installed it I realized that I had to rename the module to 52_I2C_MCP9808.pm. It's defined now, but not initialized. Don't now why yet...
FHEM im Debian Container uaf QNAP, diverse Homematic Komponenten