USA Based User Group?

Begonnen von mgmino, 21 Dezember 2023, 18:00:13

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

mgmino

Is there a group of fhem users in the United States? I am an enthusiastic user and am very thankful for the assistance I have received on this forum from German users. Most of the device implementations are products found primarily in Germany. I would like to join or organize a group of users to work on US devices.

Prof. Dr. Peter Henning

I have lived in the US and can offer my assistance.

Regards

pah

mgmino

Thank you for your reply. I recognize you as the author of Smart Home mit FHEM. I use FHEM in my homes and am a big fan. As a developer have made contributions to some of the modules.

I would like to organize a group to develop English documentation and support for popular US devices.

Prof. Dr. Peter Henning

Count on me.

I'll be in the US in June, albeit further to the west.

Regards

pah

Wallyllama

I'm in the US. I don't know if I am reliable enough to be counted on for a user group, but I am interested in some things that are specific to this side of the Atlantic. An example, I've just started looking at the EPA air quality data. It is only US, it's territories, Canada and Mexico.  I am planning to use 'The English Corner' to discuss once I have something to show. My thinking is that is where the best match is for people with interest would be.   

Would that be a topic for your interest group? If so how would tge group work in comparison to using the forum?  Virtual meetings? Or ???

Prof. Dr. Peter Henning

Most members of the German community have never met in person - but the collaboration works excellently for more than a decade now.

Since the majority of German users is fluent in English as well, the biggest problem would be to get their attention. Which is difficult given the rather general title for this section of the forum.

Let me check whether the current version of the forum software allows for english translation of the categories - that would be a good way to start.

Regards

pah

Prof. Dr. Peter Henning

Wallyllama

Thank you. I was thinking httpmod would work. I went down a rabbit hole writing g code to parse the email and extract the key from it. Then I started wondering how fhem stores keys... extra work not truly needed to make this functional. Thank you. Again.

Prof. Dr. Peter Henning

I suggest continuing the discussion of the EPA data here: https://forum.fhem.de/index.php?topic=138417.0

Regards

pah