EnOcean Pi + eq3 MAX! - will it work?

Begonnen von Bambosz2, 10 Januar 2016, 12:28:38

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

Bambosz2

Hello,
I'm new in the forum so first of all: greetings to All!

I have just configured my first Fhem server using Raspberry Pi 2 and EnOcean Pi module.
I have installed all packages, then finally redirected my serial port (AMA0 --> tty) so I can see my TCM_ESP3 card initialized in Fhem properly now.

Now I', stuck with two general questions:
- Will EnOcean Pi work with eQ-3 MAX! thermostats?
- Do I need MAX! Cube LAN gateway, or I can set-up the thermostats without having the MAX! Cube.

How to set-it up to work (attr ... rfmode MAX)?

Thanks for your feedback.
Regards
Bambosz

fruit

Zitat von: Bambosz2 am 10 Januar 2016, 12:28:38
Now I', stuck with two general questions:
- Will EnOcean Pi work with eQ-3 MAX! thermostats?
I don't think so, they use different protocols at least
Zitat- Do I need MAX! Cube LAN gateway, or I can set-up the thermostats without having the MAX! Cube.
There is a lot of information in the wiki http://www.fhemwiki.de/wiki/MAX but ready made options seem to be Cube (which I use) or CUL/CUNO
There are further DIY solutions, see many threads in http://forum.fhem.de/index.php/board,17.0.html - and I have an RFBee ready to flash with CUL FW if my Cube fails
Feel free to follow up in German if you prefer

Bambosz2

Zitat von: fruit am 10 Januar 2016, 15:11:28
I don't think so, they use different protocols at least

Well. Hard to read :(. I think I will not avoid investment in CUL anyway - which sounds like the best option here.

Then I have to continue investing in MAX! Cube anyway - to... get rid of it finally :-\.

It looks like the best solution to complete the excercise. Am I correct?

Thanks for your feedback.
Regards

fruit

In my experience the Cube has been fine (since autumn 2013) apart from one time when it forgot everything :(
Others have not been so lucky I read.

It is/was the cheapest ready made option I think - and some have successfully flashed the Cube with CUL FW
RFBee is cheap too but requires flashing - search RFBee CULFW.
I'm sure there are other ways, equally as good, that I have missed as well.
Feel free to follow up in German if you prefer